First of all, don't judge. This is a picture of our formal dining room and it is the junkiest room in the whole dang house. We moved this past summer and this was/is the designated junk room/processing room. We are slowly clearing away the junk that we really don't need, so just know that I don't like to live this way.
Okay, now for the real issue. My mom passed away this summer and we inherited her table and chairs. I don't really love it or anything, but I know that it came from Bassett furniture and she probably paid an arm and a leg for it so I'm not willing to give it away just yet.
The problem is the color. I LOVE red, but not THIS red. It's way too orange. Here's where you come in, my bloggy friends. What color should I paint it? Chocolate brown? Dark sage green? Dark turquoise? I wouldn't paint the wood table top or the chair seats, but over the red part. Thoughts?????
2 comments:
Maybe black or chocolate brown.
call me crazy .. but i'd paint the red part a dark turquoise and stain it with a chocolate glaze. that'll give it a pop of color without screaming PEACOCK! i might also stain the table top and chair seats if they look too light against the turqoise/brown. that'd darken it up and tie it in with the other colors. i LOVE the set! don't you dare give it away!! :)
Post a Comment